Many of us come to a time in our lives when we know we want things to be different. We may be tired of suffering and struggling, but need support to move forwards.
Sometimes we put off seeking help because the thought of change can be frightening. But these difficult times provide an opportunity for new beginnings.
Who we support
The psychologists at Mindful Psychology have specialised training and extensive experience working with people across a wide range of areas, including:
- Personal and/or work-related stress
- Life adjustments and transitions
- Trauma, including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and sexual abuse
- Pain management
- Grief and loss
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Substance abuse
- Relationship difficulties
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. – Anais Nin
How the counselling sessions work
Our first priority is to create a therapeutic environment in which you feel safe and supported to express and explore your concerns. The initial session provides an opportunity for you and your therapist to develop a good rapport and strong working alliance.
We will then work together to identify and clarify your goals and priorities, and determine the best ways for you to move forwards. If you choose to continue treatment we will discuss frequency of sessions. All psychology treatment techniques are evidence-based and tailored to your needs, drawing on our expertise in:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Mindfulness-based therapy
- Exposure and/or Schema Therapy
You can be assured of being treated non-judgmentally and with warmth, respect and acceptance. We will regularly review your progress to make sure we’re heading in the direction you want to be.
We look forward to helping you explore, heal and flourish.
We are located at 5/6 Qualtrough Street, Woolloongabba.
Designated parking is available onsite. A variety of public transport options are available nearby – see www.translink.com.au
Counselling can also be provided via video counselling or phone if this is your preferred option.